Tuesday 22 April 2008

My New Dilemma

It seems that about 6 months ago in a moment of drunken abandon I very foolishly filled in an online application form for the X Factor TV programme, and today I received a letter inviting me to an audition in Birmingham on - get this - my birthday.

Now I was planning a good night out with my friends to celebrate my 35th birthday on the night before and I really don't want to cancel that. I have considered not going to the audition, as all that type of music really isn't my bag, and I feel a bit of a sham for going.

However, I can't help but see it being on my birthday as a good omen. Surely I must go? My family think I would be mad to miss out on such an opportunity. I guess I'll decide nearer the time.

What will I sing? Do I still have the voice to stop it being a total embarressment? I certainly don't have the looks anymore.

Whatever happens, my 35th is sure to be an interesting birthday.

No comments: