Friday 25 April 2008

Fighting Through The Pain

I kid you not!

I was at a Wedding last Saturday, and had to go to work early the following day, and don't seem to be able to recover. My head hurts, and my back aches. I must be getting old.

However, today I went and met up with my old college tutor who is interested in me helping them with their new Graphic Novels Illustration Degree, and possibly also interested in exhibiting at our Comics Show in October, so the pain had to be ignored.

It was great to see her again. We had a few fall outs while I was in college, but I always had a deep respect for her. Unlike me, she's not aged a day since I left college in 1995, and I couldn't help but feel envious of her apparent lack of physical degeneration.

It seems the new North Wales School Of Art based in Wrexham will be an invaluable learning centre for new comic artists and illustrators, and hopefully I'll get a chance to play a small part in helping the students both find work and publish their own books.

Despite my good mood, the journey home was a pure test of endurance. I really need to get some sleep.

No comments: