Monday 21 April 2008

The First Day of The Rest Of My Life...

Christ! How corny is that!!!??

But yet.. very true.

I guess the title of this blog is a little egotistical, but those who know me will also know that it is created with tongue firmly in cheek.

I'm up at 1.43am once again, working on my website, when I should be sleeping. Tomorrow I face yet another 10 hour day at my day job, trying my best to stay awake while fighting of the chronic boredom brought on when one has to count colonies of micro organisms growing on a petri dish.

Why do I put myself through all this? Well the reason is that there's no money in publishing comics. There's also no money in distributing other people's comics, and there's no money in Organising and running comic shows.

Unfortunatley these "hobbies" take up around 25 hours a week of my time, so I need to have a "proper job", as my Dad refers to it, to pay bills and basically be in a position to do the things I love.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else out there?

So when people mention my so called plans at world domination via my little comics distrubution business, or the "Scar Comics Publishing Empire" I can't help but see the funny side.

I do have other blogs to talk about comics and stuff, but this blog is more about me. (So will more than likley also mention comics as well as music, politics, art, things that I love and things that annoy me)

It's self indulgent and an opportunity for me to rant and moan. So if that's not what you want to read, I suggest you go somewhere else like www.smallzone.co.uk or www.thecomicsshow.co.uk, or even www.scarcomics.com and stay there.

cheers,

Chebbo

No comments: