Friday 12 June 2009

The Best TV Show Ever?





I was recently re watching my Box Set of the superb FireFly TV show from the mind of Joss Whedon and it occured to me that this is probably the best thing I've ever seen on the TV, although I was never in a position to actually watch it as it aired.




I wonder how many other folks have missed out on this superb series? The Serenity film was - although obviously written for a ,shall we say, broader audience with it's super kung fu expert version of River - an amazing addition to the story and easily one of my favourite space films of all time.




I've now just got around to reading the Serenity comics, and thankfully , despite some very average artwork, they have not dissapointed me either as they have that special "Whedon touch" to them that ensures great storytelling, sharp dialogue, and lively unpredictable plots.




A big shame FOX never had the vision to support this series, it would - by now - have been paying them huge dividends I'm sure, just as Buffy and Angel have.




I wonder how long before Joss creates his own comic company and shows all the others how it's done?


;-)

No comments: